3D40 Quick Start Guide
- Kit Contents
- Getting to Know your Dremel 3D40
- Getting Ready to Build
- Best Practices & Resources
- Get Connected
UNBOXING MADE EASY
Tip: Save your Demel 3D40 packaging for future transportation and storage.
GET TO KNOW THE IDEA BUILDER
- Z-Axis Guide rail
- Gripping Handles
- USB A Port
- Levelling Knobs
- Build Platform Clips
- Filament Spool Holder
- Filament Spool
- Y-Axis Guide Rails
- Stepper motor
- Filament Guide Tube
- Extruder Lever
- Filament Guide Clip
- Extruder Intake
- Extruder Fan
- Ribbon Cable
- X-Axis Guide Rails
- Levelling Sensor
- Extruder Tip
- Power Switch
- USB B Port
- Ethernet Port
- Power Input
GETTING READY TO BUILD
- Ensure the power switch is in the off position.
- Twist spool door counter-clockwise and remove.
- Place filament spool onto the spool holder, and spool being fed from the bottom towards the back of the Dremel 3D40.
- Thread filament through filament guide tube and replace spool door.
- Insert the filament coming from the filament guide tube into the extruder intake.
- Plug power cord into outlet and turn on power switch.
- Tap "Filament" on the Dremel 3D40’s touch screen and wait for extruder to heat.
- When Feed Filament screen appears, tap "Next" and thread filament into extruder intake until extruder feeds through on its own.
- When new filament appears from extruder tip. tap "Done" to complete filament load process.
Leveling Build Platform
- Tap “Level” on your Dremel 3D40’s touch screen.
- 3D40 will first check the level at the back of the build platform, then move to the first levelling position.
- The touchscreen will indicate if your build platform is too high or too low.
- If build platform is too high, turn knob to the right until you hear a "beep". Tap "Verify" to check the bed level again.
- If build platform is too low, turn knob to the left until you hear a "beep". Tap "Verify" to check the bed level again.
- Repeat step above for the second levelling position.
- When the build platform is level, extruder will automatically move to the calibration position and complete the levelling process.
Building out of the box
- On the main screen, tap the "build" option. Then tap the machine icon to select from pre-installed models.
- Tap on the model file you would like to build and tap "Build"
- Your Dremel 3D40 will align the extruder with the build platform and will begin heating the extruder.
- Once the correct temperature is reached, your model will begin to build.
- Touch screen will display "Object Finished".
Removing your Object from the Build Platform
- Wait for the extruder to cool before removing your model.
- With the object still attached, remove build platform from the build area.
- Use your hand to peel the model from the build platform. If needed, gently use the object removal tool to separate the model from build platform.
BEST PRACTICES & RESOURCES
- ALWAYS USE BUILD TAPE
- Ensure your platform is level (before you begin building you object).
- Ensure spool is installed properly and can rotate freely.
- When loading filament. allow Dremel 3D40 to extrude until material is consistent with the installed filament color.
- It is important to stay near your Dremel 3D40 during operation and watch the Dremel 3D40 begin building objects.(If a situation occurs, select the STOP icon right away, to stop any further building).
- Remove the build platform before removing the object.
- Use object removal tool gently to avoid damaging the build platform or object.